Part of the city's culture
ArtPlay is a civic studio where families and children can be creative and express themselves in ArtPlay’s open and supportive environment.
At ArtPlay, children up to the age of 13 and their families are encouraged to learn the language of art together. From here, they can move on to galleries, performances and Melbourne’s other art offerings with confidence and curiosity.
Melbourne’s celebrated culture of innovation, inventiveness and communication are reflected in the openness, playfulness and inquisitive nature of creativity.
Our mission at ArtPlay is to involve children and their families in artistic, interactive and creative projects. Through workshops with professional artists, ArtPlay aims to improve educational and arts opportunities for children.
ArtPlay was established with the goals of the City of Melbourne in mind:
- to support increased and higher quality cultural citizenship
- to create a child friendly city with enhanced opportunities for people of all backgrounds
- to support children in becoming creative cultural citizens of the world
- to document and research our projects
- to asses the value of the centre’s creative endeavours
Read more about ArtPlay: