Signal’s Expression of Interest Program provides an opportunity for artists and organisations to propose new projects to undertake at Signal as part of the ongoing creative arts program for young people.
New ideas for creative arts programming are welcome from artists and organisations of all disciplines. The initial proposal process is easy – just tell us your idea and an idea of your fees and materials required – and if you are selected you will then have the opportunity to present the idea straight to a panel that includes Signal staff and young people.
The panel’s job is to assess the idea based on the requirements detailed below and, if you are successful, the Signal team will partner with you to realise your project.
Your project must:
- Have artists and young people as collaborators. Young people are perceived as artists, driving, shaping and creating the project alongside professional artists.
- Have the creative process as central and build in time for self reflection and evaluation.
- Be delivered at Signal; outreach projects will be considered however a large component of the project must be delivered at Signal.
- Be clearly expressed and achievable.
- Have the capacity to integrate into the Signal public program and special projects such as Signal 37.
- Be innovative, inspiring and embrace diversity.
- Reflect and add value to the following council objective: increase access and participation in the arts.
Artists/Organisations representing all art forms are eligible to apply.
Please note: if you were successful in receiving funding in last year's Expression of Interest Program round, you are not eligible to apply again until May 2015.
Signal welcomes proposals from young artists 18 years plus. Indigenous artists and artists from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
The Signal Expression of Interest Program supports artist fees and material expenses up to $15,000.
Applications close at 5pm July 21, 2014.
Information sessions regarding the Signal Expression of Interest Program will run on 3 June 2014 at 11am and on 1 July at 5pm
Bookings can be made online.
If you are interested to learn more about the Signal EOI program, read the full Signal EOI 2015 guidelines (Word, 35kb)
Signal technical specifications
Learn more about the Signal building including equipment list (PDF, 483kb).
Frequently asked questions
Read the Signal EOI Program 2015 FAQ.
Submit your application
Applicants must complete an application online.