Signal’s Expression of Interest Program provides an opportunity for artists and organisations to propose new projects to undertake at Signal as part of its creative arts program for young people.
Signal’s Expression of Interest Program is currently closed until 2016.
If you would like to be informed when it is open for submissions, subscribe to our EOI mailing list by email with your full name to email@example.com
New ideas are welcome from artists and organisations of all disciplines. The initial proposal process is easy – just tell us your idea and if you are selected you will then have the opportunity to present the idea straight to a panel that includes Signal staff, young people and emerging artists.
The panel’s job is to assess the idea based on the requirements detailed below and, if you are successful, the Signal team will partner with you to realise your project.
Your project must:
- Have artists and young people as collaborators – young people are perceived as artists, driving, shaping and creating the project alongside professional artists.
- Have the creative process as central and build in time for evaluation.
- Be delivered at Signal, outreach projects will be considered however a large component of the project must be delivered at Signal.
- Be clearly expressed and achievable.
- Have the capacity to integrate into the Signal public program.
- Be innovative, inspiring and embrace diversity.
- Increase access and participation in the arts for young people.
Artists and organisations representing all art forms are eligible to apply.
Young artists over 18 years, Indigenous artists and artists from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
The Signal Expression of Interest Program supports artist fees and material expenses up to $15,000.
Funding for 2016
All projects must take place between January and June 2016.
EOI opens: 9am Wednesday May 13 2015
EOI closes: 5pm Monday 20 July 2015
Shortlisted applicants notified: by Monday 27 July 2015
Presentation: Saturday 1 August 2015
Applicants notified: Saturday 15 August 2015
If you are interested to learn more about the 2016 Signal Expression of Interest Program please read the guidelines (Word 50kb).
Signal Venue and Technical Specifications
For information on the Signal Venue including spaces and equipment please read the Signal venue and technical specifications.
Frequently asked questions
Read FAQs on the 2016 Signal Expression of Interest Program.
If you have any queries about the Signal Expression of Interest Program please contact Signal on 8696 5400 or firstname.lastname@example.org