Major on-road bicycle network routes within the City of Melbourne include St Kilda Road, Royal Parade, Flemington Road, Swanston Street and Canning Street.
Major off-road routes include Yarra River Trail, Moonee Ponds Creek Trail, Maribyrnong River Trail, Flemington Road, Dynon Road, Footscray Road and St Kilda Road.
City of Melbourne TravelSmart map
The Melbourne TravelSmart Map provides a convenient and comprehensive guide to walking, cycling and public transport routes and facilities in the City of Melbourne.
The map is a handy reference and includes information such as:
- on and off-road shared paths and bike lanes (including informal connections)
- tram, train and bus routes with route numbers and descriptions
- bike parking and bicycle hoop locations in the central city
- cycling tips.
The Melbourne TravelSmart map is available at a variety of locations including:
You can also download a copy of the map here.
Melbourne TravelSmart map (PDF, 19MB)
Please note this is a large document and may take some time to download.
For more information, visit TravelSmart Victoria.
Further information about where to ride
Visit Bicycle Victoria for:
- bike rides around Melbourne
- information about cycling routes and cycle commuting
- cycling events
- bike maps and books
- Yarra River punt.