The Meat Market Main Pavilion is divided into two spaces: the Cobblestone Side and the Flat Floor Side, separated by louvre doors. The total length of the hall if doors are open is 75 m. The cobblestone area is 17 m wide and 31 m long. The flat floor area is 17 m wide and 36 m long.
Sound, lights, seating and performance space can be configured in a number of ways.
The Meat Market is a grade one heritage listed building with enormous character. The space is suitable for a range of uses including performances, public meetings, conferences, filming, rehearsals and dinner dances.
The hall can accommodate a variety of uses, from intimate, technically simple performances and rehearsals to complex, large-scale productions. The main pavilion is suitable for dance, music, physical theatre, multimedia, spoken word, choir, chamber music, circus and public meetings.
Recommended capacity by event:
- 500 people per side for cocktail, 370 to 400 for sit down meal
- 400 people per side in theatre format
- 700 people for both sides.
- There are concertina doors separating these two areas – the total length of the hall if doors are open is 75 m.
- There is one disabled toilet in the flat floor area, and men’s and ladies toilets in the cobblestone area.