The Melbourne City Council has adopted the following principles which it will apply whenever it is procuring goods, works and services under a contractual arrangement:
- to support its corporate strategy, aims and objectives;
- to ensure it achieves best value outcomes in terms of time, cost and value;
- to establish and put in place appropriate performance measures;
- to commit to achieving sustainability, and
- to provide effective and efficient commercial arrangements.
The Melbourne City Council has a Corporate Contract Management System which prescribes best practice methodologies in its contract management. The System includes advice, processes and template tender and contract documents to provide guidance to contract managers at all stages of the contract life.
Tenders are to be lodged online by using the eTenderBox.
As of 28 June 2011, Council issue and receive tenders electronically via its e-tendering system. The system allows you to do the following:
- view current, closed, awarded and now future tenders;
- download tender documents free of charge;
- receive addendums;
- submit your tender electronically (Lodging tenders in the tender box originally located in Council House 200 Little Collins St is no longer available).
For further details on this and other procurement news please contact Council Procurement and Contracts Unit on 03 9658 9501.
Log in to eTenderBox