The City of Melbourne recently appointed Tenderlink to manage eTender box.
When you (the supplier) visits eTender box for the first time, you will be asked to register and activate an account with Tenderlink. Once registered successfully, you will receive a confirmation email along with information about activating and setting up an account profile
Improved tendering with a new online compliance system
The City of Melbourne has introduced a new online supplier compliance management system.
This means that some tender information that was previously requested in schedules will now need to be entered directly into the compliance system by suppliers. This includes quality, risk, OHS, equal opportunity and required insurances.
The City of Melbourne is using Barrington Group’s online tool called Smartek to manage this new system. Smartek is a business risk management tool that collects, manages and analyses compliance data, including but not limited to legislative requirements.
You will need to register with Smartek if you are submitting a tender for a contract advertised publicly by the City of Melbourne. You will need to register and enter the required information prior to the tender closing time.
The cost to register is $300 ex GST per annum payable directly to Barrington Group upon registration.
At this stage, registration is not mandatory if:
- the City of Melbourne contracts are not publicly advertised, or
- for City of Melbourne panel arrangements, unless specified as a requirement in the Invitation to Tender documents.
- Suppliers are to pay the fee to Barrington Group in order to respond to the compliance questions.
- Registration is optional where not mandated.
- You will need to request a login account to the City of Melbourne Smartek system from the Smartek compliance team.
- Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org including your company name and the contact email address for registration.
For more information, see Supplier Compliance System FAQs.
We always aim to make doing business with the City of Melbourne easy, so if you have any feedback we would like to hear from you. Please feel free to contact us on 03 9658 9791.
Tenders are to be lodged online using the eTenderBox.
For further details please contact Procurement and Contracts on 03 9658 9501.
Log in to eTenderBox
The City of Melbourne has adopted the following principles which it will apply whenever it is procuring goods, works and services under a contractual arrangement:
- to support its corporate strategy, aims and objectives
- to ensure it achieves best value outcomes in terms of time, cost and value
- to establish and put in place appropriate performance measures
- to commit to achieving sustainability, and
- to provide effective and efficient commercial arrangements.
The City of Melbourne has a corporate contract management system which prescribes best practice methodologies in its contract management. The system includes advice, processes and template tender and contract documents to provide guidance to contract managers at all stages of the contract life.